Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hooray For "Hooray For Fish!"




I checked out this book, "Hooray For Fish," from the library on Saturday. I am starting to graduate Andy from the board books to the big, paper picture books, and this was one of the more attractive items in the paper section. I'm not entirely sure Andy's ready for paper books- he's always loved to rip, and that hasn't necessarily changed lately- but the board books are getting a little old. And, bonus, this book is pretty big, and how much fun is a big, brightly colored picture book?


TONS of fun. Andy likes books, and enjoys being read to, but he absolutely LOVES this one. We've read it almost a dozen times over the past few days, and Andy is absolutely absorbed by the pictures and the rhyming verse. But here's the best part of how Andy reacts to this book. At the very end, the little fish kisses the mommy fish. Andy knows that part is coming, and before I even read the words "kiss, kiss, kiss," Andy is all over Little Fish and Mom Fish, kissing both of them repeatedly. Then, when I close the book, he kisses their pictures on the cover, too. I know kissing books is probably something the library frowns upon (they are in the process of flagging it right now), but it is the most adorable thing I've seen Andy do lately.


Hooray for "Hooray For Fish." Best book ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment