Saturday, November 5, 2011

About "That's Not Food!"

"That's not food!" is a life lesson that I try to teach my fifteen month old son daily. "That's not food!" usually refers to the toilet brush, paper napkins, dirty socks, currency, and other items that look delicious but, as we've learned, are not food. Since this blog is to ultimately serve as a love letter and message to my son Andy (and any other future offspring that come tearing out,) I figured it was only appropriate to entitle the blog after one of my mother exclamations that he's currently hearing (ignoring). Along this vein, other possible blog titles could have very well been:
Get Out Of The Dryer!

There's Poop On Your Sock!

That's Not A Toy!

Don't Kiss With Your Tongue!

Get Your Hands Out Of Your Diaper!

and

Don't Throw Liquids! Or Solids For That Matter!
I meant to start this blog about fifteen months ago, right after little Andy was born, but it's just today that I finally decided on the title. That's the only thing that's been holding me up since last July- certainly not the draining but so-worth it task of loving and taking care of a demanding little boy while working forty hours and still finding time to heat up chicken nuggets and microwave peas (maybe I should have started a food blog?) while ALSO SOMEHOW MANAGING to keep up on my favorite TV shows (when IS Ted Moseby going to meet their mother already?). Seriously, it's been a crazy year and a quarter. The best year and a quarter of my life, but also the fastest, most tiring, least financially rewarding, and grossest. Because, seriously folks, babies are disgusting.


And that's it. My introduction. I will try to post very regularly, or as regularly as life and Andy allows. And in the words of my son, let me just leave you with, "Waaaaah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment