Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Few Andy Moments!

Here is a list of a few recent things that I want to remember. None of them long enough to merit a whole blog post- just a couple quick snap shots.

Andy loves flap books- picture books where pulling down the flap on the page reveals another picture or some sort of surprise beneath it. He loves them so much that he expects every book to be a flap book, and when I read him plain old regular non-flap books, he scratches at the individual pictures trying so hard to pull down the non-existent flap. "No, Andy," I have to tell him. "It's not that kind of book." He looks up at me with betrayal in his eyes and then scratches at the pages harder, grunting in desperation.

On Saturday, Chris and I enjoyed some sparking red grape juice, since I can't enjoy wine (the number one worst thing about pregnancy) in my current condition. Andy was really interested in the grape juice, and Chris gave him a small cup of some to sample. Andy had been sitting in his high chair with his cup of water, and after taking one sip of the grape juice, he paused, violently knocked his water cup off of the tray as if to say, "You've been giving me this boring CRAP when grape juice was available this whole time?" and then continued to eagerly slurp down his grape juice.

Andy knows which objects are for the new baby. He'll point to the crib mobile or the infant car seat in their respective storage spots, look up at me, and say, "Baby." He also "knows" there's a baby in my belly and sometimes kisses my tummy unprompted.

Andy's favorite thing to do is be chased around the coat closet, which is centered in the house so that you can walk a circle around it. I'll chase him one way, stop, turn and crouch, and when he comes running around the corner, scream "Boo!" right in his face. Startled, he'll jump back, erupt into the most joyous bout of giggles I've ever heard, and then say, "More!" I'm mildly concerned about giving him a heart attack from the surprise, but he LOVES it, and we could spend a solid half hour just chasing and scaring.

Andy and a lunch date.
Simultaneously the best and worst way to wake up: When Chris brings Andy into bed with us in the morning and I'm still asleep, Andy crawls up so that he's about an inch away from my face and then urgently screams "MAMA!" When my eyes snap open in panic, there is his smiling face, taking up my entire field of vision. Oh. Hey. Did you need something? Could you back up a tad? And don't mind the fact that Mama almost wet the bed.

Andy feels it necessary to reintroduce me to his day care friends every day. "Emma," he'll state, pointing to the chubby little red haired girl. Or, "Bobby," he'll say, indicating his best friend, who normally gets a boisterous kiss hello or good-bye. I think it is very sweet that he wants me to know his friends, but considering he's introduced them to me every day for the past three months, I'd like to think those tots and I are beyond needing introductions. "Yes, Andy," I like to say patiently. "We've met."

Andy is totally a blanky-kid, a real live Linus from Peanuts. He doesn't have just one particular blanket he's attached to, however- he loves ALL of his blankets and will walk around the house sometimes just collecting spare blankies until a little time has gone by and I notice that Andy has four or five blankies trailing behind him in a massive pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment