Friday, September 7, 2012

Yesterday!

Yesterday, Alex pooped himself to the tenth degree.  I forgot about the kind of poops that ooze both down the legs and up the back.  I must have been visibly frazzled as I cleaned him up because Andy approached me, cocked his head, and asked, "You okay?"

"I'm okay, Andy," I replied, smiling at his concern.

Andy cocked his head further, furrowed his brow, and asked, "Poo poo?"

"Yes, Andy, Alex made a lot of poo poo," I replied.

Andy nodded in sympathy.  Here it was, yet another one of our conversations initiated by Andy and demonstrative of his understanding of the world around him.

You okay?

Poo poo?

I get the feeling Andy will be repeating those two inquiries quite a bit in the coming months.

****

Andy was the mayor of Target yesterday, walking alongside the cart and saying "Hello!" to every person we happened upon during our journey down the aisles.  "Hello!  Hi!  Hello!"  He waved at everyone, and it was the first time ever I have been greeted with nothing but a sea of smiling strangers during a shopping trip.  When Andy's around, everyone's day gets just a little bit brighter.  Unless he's tired, hungry, or has recently been told "no."  Then, forget it.


No comments:

Post a Comment